Potential double booking detected
Channel manager software is a great way to lower the risk on double bookings automatically. In general the calendars on all channels are updated in minutes when you received a booking on one of the channels. Still there is always a small risk of getting a double booking. If you see this warning in your calendar, you should check immediately what reservations are involved and contact the guest for a solution.
Not all warnings are indeed double bookings!
Some known issues and causes:
- The double booking already existed in one of your channels when you connected.
- Some iCal channel sends a duplicate of the reservation received on a other channel as new booking.
- A earlier reservation was already canceled but was not removed by the channel from your calendar.
- Someone manually unblock dates on a external calendar and not in the Hostaway calendar.
- Reservations were made almost at the same time on different channels.
If you think it is a real double booking and you are not sure why this happened ask support to check your account.